The most expensive cars in the world are usually classics sold at auctions, but we will be dropping that and only talk about the recent production vehicles. If you think the Bugatti Chiron is the most expensive car in the world then you need to have a look at this list. Here are the 9 most expensive cars in the world! (Updated April 2019)The name of the car is derived from its unique shape of a fastback roof (made of glass) ending in a pointed tail. The car’s massive front grill also stands out as it is the biggest ever compared to any Rolls Royce model. The Sweptail is a 2-seater car with high-end wood and leather interior. The car is given a yacht type look from the inside with a wood-covered luggage shelf inserted at the back. Rolls Royce may build one-off cars in the future, but it will certainly not go through so much trouble as it did with the Sweptail.
1. Bugatti La Voiture Noire – $19 MillionBugatti’s one-off displayed at the Geneva Motor show 2019 is the only one ever made and it costs $19 Million. It is now officially the most expensive car in the world of all time. However, even if you had $19 Million, you won’t be able to buy it, because it’s already sold. The La Voiture is a tribute to the Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic, designed by Jean Bugatti himself and only 4 were ever made. An all black variant of the Type 57SC Atlantic went missing during the Second World War. The La Voiture is built on the Bugatti Chiron drivetrain and is made out of carbon fiber and many other expensive materials. Features the same 1,500 horsepower Bugatti Chiron engine but it is much lighter, faster and quick around the corners.
2. Rolls Royce Sweptail – $13 MillionAlthough the price of this model was not confirmed by Rolls Royce but various sources approximate it to be $13 million. The Rolls Royce Sweptail was made for a specific customer who reached out to Rolls Royce for a one-off personalized car in 2013. The company’s design department worked on the car for several years to finally bring it to reality in 2017.
3. Mercedes-Benz Maybach Exelero – $8 millionA one-off car, and by far the most expensive of the lot as the Rolls Royce Sweptail’s price is only an estimation. It was built in 2004 and now it would cost even more than $8 million if adjusted for inflation. The executive looking Maybach also packs a powerful V12 twin-turbo engine with 700 hp. It is a two-seater sedan with a unique look from the inside and out.
4. Bugatti Divo – $5.8 MillionNamed after the legendary racer Albert Divo who is famous for winning numerous races with a Bugatti. A total of 40 cars were made which were sold on the spot. Only people who already owned Bugatti Chiron were shown the Bugatti Divo and they were sold immediately. The Bugatti Divo has a 1500 horsepower quad turbo engine and accelerates from 0 to 62 mph in 2.4 seconds. It is also well known for going around curves.
5. Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita – $4.8 MillionIt is the most expensive street legal car with a 4.8-liter dual supercharged V8 engine. The engine produces a whopping 1,004 horsepower with 797 lb-ft torque. The crazy money one must pay for the car is not only because of the specifications but rather because of the fact that it is coated in diamonds. The car is coated with a “Koenigsegg Proprietary Diamond Weave” which involves coating carbon fibers with a diamond dust-impregnated resin.
6. Lamborghini Veneno – $4.5 Million0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds, the Veneno is equipped with a 6.5-liter V12 engine which can deliver 740 hp and 507 lb-ft torque at 8,400 rpm! The word Veneno means poison and the car with its deadly looks surely lives up to its name. The car is the modified version of the Aventador Roadster and was built to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Lamborghini!
7. W Motors Lykan Hypersport – $3.4 MillionThe Lykan Hypersport starred in the Furious 7, crashing through 3 skyscrapers in Dubai. The Hypersport is also a one-off car built with extreme precision. It is equipped with a 3.7-liter, twin turbo that produces 770 hp and 709 lb-ft torque. The car accelerates from 0 to 62 mph in under 2.8 seconds and has a top speed of 240 mph! The Lykan is one of the most attractive car with its scissor doors, jewel encrusted headlights and out of the world interior.
8. Limited Edition Buggati Veryon By Mansory Vivere – $3.4 MillionThe most powerful version of the Buggati Veryon having 1200 hp and a top speed of 254 mph. It is the upgradation of the Grand Sport Vitesse Roadster with a carbon fiber body, new spoiler package, redesigned front grille, upgraded LED lights and a renovated cabin. The maps of historic events are laser etched onto the interior and exterior of the car.
9. Ferrari Pininfarina Sergio – $3 MillionOne of the most desired vehicle in the world as only 6 were ever made. The car was crafted by the Italian design house Pininfarina. The Sergio is the upgraded version of the Ferrari 458, but the whole body and interior has been changed. The Sergio couldn’t be purchased by just walking into a Ferrari dealership, rather Ferrari itself chose the people who could purchase the Sergio. It is one of the rarest vehicle which could be purchased only on an invite. Similar to the Ferrari 458, it has 4.5-liter V8 engine with 562 hp. It is faster than the 458 due to its light weight and modified design.
Read about: Top 5 Fastest Cars in the World