If you’re only beginning to work out in the gym or are getting back into your diet, chances are you’ll need some help. Here we are presenting a workout meal plan for our readers. This plan is for you if you want to remain fit and feel more energetic. It’s comparatively low in carbs and extremely high in protein.
It also concentrates on antioxidant-rich foods to improve blood vessel health and fight inflammation, two elements that speed up the rate at which every tissue in your body gets older. Let’s review the menus for your workout if you’ve started exercising.
The Meal Plans
The meal plans below are only suggestions for people who weigh between 180 and 200 pounds and want to build lean muscle mass.
Workout meal plan for the Early Bird
Those who train early during the day, perhaps before heading to work or working in the evening
- Meal (pre-workout) 10- 20 grams of whey protein in with 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- Meal (post-exercise) 20-30 grams of whey protein with one banana and a glass of water.
- Meal (breakfast) half to one cup oatmeal (dry measure) mixed with skim milk, water, or 3 eggs whole
- Meal (midday) 6 to 8 ounces of turkey, chicken, or tuna served on whole wheat bread, lettuce, 1 apple, and 1 ounce of almonds
- Meal (evening) 8 ounces of Tilapia salmon or chicken breast salad dressing made of olive oil and asparagus
- Meal (night) 1 tablespoon of peanut butter made from natural ingredients with one scoop of protein from casein.
The workout meal plan for the Midday Workout
Training between 10 am and 2 am, possibly during their lunchtime
- Meal Breakfast (breakfast): 1 cup of oatmeal (dry amount) blended with 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread, topped with homemade peanut butter, 1 cup Greek yogurt, or 3 slices of low-fat bacon.
- Meal (pre-exercise) 20 grams of protein from whey mixed with water. 1 Apple
- Meal (post-exercise) 30 grams of protein from whey
- Meal (midday) 6 ounces of breast meat from a chicken cut into slices over salad, with one avocado piece and one medium sweet potato
- Meal (evening) 6 to 8 ounces sirloin steak and a mixture of squash and zucchini sauteed in olive oil
- Meal (night) 1 ounce of almonds and 1 cup of cottage cheese that is low fat.
Workout meal plan for the Night Owl
Train late in the night following the time the five o’clock train has left.
- Meal 1(breakfast) 1 cup of oatmeal (dry measurement) combined with skim milk and 3 whole eggs
- Meal 2 (mid-morning) One cup of Greek Cottage cheese, yogurt, or 3 tablespoons of beef jerky. 1-piece of fruits
- Meal 3 (midday) 6- 8 portions of turkey, chicken, or tuna served on whole wheat bread lettuce, 1/2 avocado, 2 slices of cheese with low fat, and 1 one ounce of almonds
- Meal 4 (afternoon) Optional meal identical to meal 2.
- Meal 5 (pre-exercise) 20 grams of protein from whey and 1 apple
- Meal 6 (post-exercise) 30 grams of whey protein and 10 grams of protein from casein. After your workout, consume whole carbs and protein such as fish or chicken and 1 cup rice, white, or medium sweet potatoes.
Workout meal plan for beginners
Here are our top 4 Workout meal plans for beginners!
Workout Meal Plan 1: Granola and scrambled eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of raspberries (switch out for 5 slices of strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/3 cup of blackberries, or one tablespoon of raisins)
- 1/3 cup Vanilla Almond Crunch Bear Granola (switch to 1/3 cup of Ezekiel Rice cereal, 1/3 cup of rolled oats, 3/4 cup Fiber One cereal (or 2/3 cups Kashi organic cinnamon harvest)
- 3 omega-3 eggs
Workout Meal plan 2: A double Chocolate cherry smoothie
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (switch out 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts)
- 3/4 cup of dark pitted cherries (switch out to 1 cup of blackberries)
- 1 tablespoon Flaxseed meal (switch out for 1 tbsp of chia seeds)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3-4 three to four ice cubes
- 3 cups of water
Workout Meal plan 3: Bibb lettuce burger
- 2 Boston lettuce leaves (for “bun”)
- 8oz lean, 95 percent lean ground beef (switch out for a 6oz salmon fillet), 8oz ground turkey burger that is lean, 8oz chicken breast or tuna hamburger (1 can of tuna in water, drained, and one omega-3 egg plus 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal plus 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard)
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices of red onion
- 1 tbsp of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise made from canola (switch out to 1 slice provolone cheese, slices cheddar cheese,3 tablespoons avocado mashed, or one slices American cheese)
- 3 cups of green beans (switch out to 2 cups snow peas, 1-1/2 cups peas, carrots, 1 1/2 cups of mixed vegetables, or 1/2 cup of edamame shelled beans)
Work out Meal plan 4: Grilled Shrimp with spinach and rice
- 6oz shrimp (switch out for 7oz scallops, 7oz crabmeat, 6oz red snapper, or 5oz turkey breast)
- 3/4 cup brown rice dry measurement
- Four cups of spinach (switch out for seven roast Brussels sprouts 7 stalks of cooked broccoli rabe or roasted or 4 cups of shred Napa cabbage or 4 cups of Arugula)
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese (switch out for 1oz fresh mozzarella, 1oz cubed Havarti cheese, 1oz crumbled blue cheese or 1oz goat cheese)
- Half red bell pepper cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (switch out to 2 tablespoons toasting sesame oil, 2 tablespoons garlic-infused flaxseed oils, or 2 tablespoons avocado oil)
A good workout meal plan must comprise healthy protein, fats, and carbohydrates. It is recommended that people consume between three and six times per day and alter their caloric intake based on whether they are you are trying to build muscle or lose weight. In addition, if you incorporate carbohydrates and protein in your meal to recover from exercise, you’ll boost protein synthesis in muscles to build and repair new muscle tissue. This is a significant benefit when you’re looking to build strength and muscle.
Follow our health and fitness section for more healthy advice!