The hectic times of spending the whole day in a row to register or renew your license are over. Under your ceiling, away from sunlight, safe from harsh cold air, you can get your license ready. At the end of this article, you would have known all the steps which are required to register and renew your driving license online.
Check Your license details online
Let’s get started on an online driving license.
All you need to have is a computer and internet connection to start the process.
- Log into www.dlims.punjab.gov.pk or simply copy-paste this link in your webpage search bar.
- It will land you on the main page of the driving license online website.
- On the main page in the upper right corner, you will see the options of Licensing centers, License info, Downloads, About PITB, etc.
License info and downloads are the most crucial parts which would give you most of the information required for an online driving license. We Simplify this for you below:
- Click on the downloads.
- You will see the options of regular driving license form and driving license renewal form.
- Duplicate and international license forms are also available.
- Download the driving license form and fill in the basic information along with photographs.
How to apply for a Learner License?
For a learner License, you would need the following documents.
- National Identity Card (CNIC)
- RS 60 Ticket (Get it from the post office)
- Traffic Rules & Regulations Codebook
- Certificate of medical fitness
The learner’s license is valid for 6 months. The maximum age for it should be 18 years for motorcycle and motor car. For light traffic vehicles such as taxi, tractor, rickshaw the age is set to 21 years.
How to apply for Permanent Driving License Online?
For Permanent License following documents need to be with you;
- Form A (You can download it from the site)
- Learner Permit
- Certificate of medical fitness
- Fresh attested Photographs (3)
- CNIC Copy
- Ticket along with fee slip (Fee charges as per vehicle license).
After a period of 42 days, you would receive the call for the initial test. The officer will test your understanding of traffic signs. Then you get called for taking the practical driving test which would check your hold on the vehicle.
You can track the license delivery by simply clicking on license info and paste your national identity card (CNIC) in the required bar. The licenses are valid for up to five years. After that, you need to renew them.
Renew Your Driving Licence Online
For the renewal of the license download the license renewal form and attach the following documents;
- Form E Attested photographs (2)
- National Identity Card(CNIC)
- Driving License Original
- Report of medical fitness
- Submit the prepared documents
Why you should have a Driving License?
Driving license saves you from a lot of troubles which otherwise will ruin your days, months, or years. It is a kind of certificate that assures that you have the particular skills to drive a vehicle. You need to be trained enough to get it.
Hence indirectly, It ensures your safety and other’s people safety on the road. In case of any unfortunate accident. It helps to identify you and help you in legal processes as well. Otherwise, you can get into deep trouble and extra charges being imposed on you by the Government.