Do you feel insecure while sending any confidential email to anyone? If yes then Gmail has a solution for your problem. In 2018, Gmail introduced a confidential mode for its users to send confidential messages to your recipients that could only be viewed by your intended recipient. Sadly, most of us are unaware of this feature. In this article, we will let you know the steps on how to send confidential email in Gmail.
Send messages & attachments confidentially
- On your computer, go to Gmail.
- Click Compose.
- In the bottom right of the window, click Turn on confidential mode . Tip: If you’ve already turned on confidential mode for an email, go to the bottom of the email, then click Edit.
- Set an expiration date and passcode. …
- Click Save.
Confidential mode in Gmail:
Confidential Mode is a setting introduced in Gmail that allows its user to send confidential emails. In this setting messages sent to the recipients expire within time. It also prevents the recipient from copying the message content, downloading them, or even forwarding them to others.
When a confidential message is sent by the sender, the receiver receives an email displaying to receive a confidential message. At this point, Google checks the identity of the recipient by sending a code by email or message. A user can only read the message after verifying his identity.
The message content will not be included in the email received by the receiver. The message body will exist on the Google servers. Moreover, the verification message sent through confidential mode also expires within time. It depends on the user to set expiry date.
How to send a confidential message in Gmail is quite easy. This feature is helpful for all the business people and other agencies who need their data to be kept sensitive. All you have to do is to activate confidential mode every time when you wish to send a confidential email to anyone. Here is the procedure that will help you to activate confidential mode in order to send confidential messages to your users.
How to send confidential emails in Gmail in your browser:
while sending a confidential message on windows follow the following steps.
- First of all sign in to your Gmail account
- Secondly, click on the compose message option
- The new message option appears on the screen
- Just look at the bottom of the page
- Add your message body, recipient and subject, click on the padlock to activate the confidential mode
- Now you will be asked to set an expiry time and also here you will also decide if the passcode is needed by the SMS or not
- On choosing, No SMS Passcode, the code will be sent to the recipient at the same email address.
- After making all the changes click save and also check your message before sending. Now send your message
- If you have opted for SMS verification, you will also have to enter the mobile number of the recipient before the message is sent.
- Make sure to enter the correct mobile number.
How to send a confidential email on Gmail on your mobile:
Here are some steps that will let you know the method to send confidential email in Gmail on your mobile:
- Open your Gmail from your mobile
- Go to the compose new message option
- Click on the top right corner of the page. It appears three vertical dots. Click on it and click on Confidential mode
- Now add the recipient, subject line and compose your message body
- While sending a message in the browser you will have to set an option on how long the message should be viewable by the intended recipients and its protection by a passcode
- In mobile, you have to set the setting
- A message sent in confidential mode will display a small window across the bottom
- It will show you how long the message will exist before expiring
- After checking all the settings, check your message body once again.
- Now send your message.
How to remove access to the message you have sent:
The confidential mode in Gmail also allows you to remove access to your message after sending it. Your message appears in your Gmail under the sent messages.
Removing access to the confidential message means to unsend it or remove the recipient’s access to view the message again. To unsend a confidential message move to your message under the sent messages icon. Click on the message and then click on “remove access”. Now the recipient won’t be able to gain access to your message even if he hasn’t yet read the message.