Telenor Pakistan is the second largest cellular and digital service of Pakistan. In 2009 it launched its branchless banking service “Easy Paisa”. This service eased Pakistani citizens to transfer money across the country by avoiding long waiting lines. Telenor has nearly 75,000 outlets all across the country even in undeveloped rural areas.
Today in this article, we are going to discuss the process of sending and receiving money through Easy Paisa.
How to send money through Easy Paisa?
If you are willing to send money to any of your family member or friend in time of need, the best option for you is Easy Paisa. All you have to do is to follow three steps.
- Bring your original and valid Nadra CNIC along with one photocopy.
- You should have a valid CNIC number of the receiver.
- You should have your mobile phone number along with the receiving person’s mobile phone number.
If you have these three things, then feel free to visit any authorized Easy Paisa shop for sending the money and then follow the below mentioned steps:
- Provide the retailer with the above mentioned three things and tell him the amount of money you have to transfer.
- The retailer will transfer the money using his mobile phone and will ask you to enter the secret code. Make sure not to tell that code to anyone.
- After entering the secret code, your amount of money will be transferred and you will be given a transaction ID and a hardcopy of the receipt.
- You will also have to pay some service charges to the retailer.
Service charges to be paid along with the amount of money that should be transferred (CNIC)
|Transaction Amount||Service Charges (Including Tax)|
|Rs. 1 – 1000||Rs. 60|
|Rs. 1,001 - 2,500||Rs. 120|
|Rs. 2,501 - 4,000||Rs. 180|
|Rs. 4,001 - 6,000||Rs. 240|
|Rs. 6,001 - 8,000||Rs. 300|
|Rs. 8,001 - 10,000||Rs. 350|
|Rs. 10,001 - 13,000||Rs. 400|
|Rs. 13,001 - 16,000||Rs. 450|
|Rs. 16,001 - 20,000||Rs. 600|
|Rs. 20,001 - 25,000||Rs. 750|
|Rs. 25,001 - 30,000||Rs. 900|
|Rs. 30,001 - 40,000||Rs. 1100|
|Rs. 40,001 - 50,000||Rs. 1300|
- If you have provided the retailer with yours and receivers’ number. Both the sender and receiver will be able to receive transaction information through SMS.
- Please keep the hard copy of the receipt with you as it is the only proof that you have sent the money.
- In the end, you have to give the transaction ID and the passcode to the receiving party.
How to receive the Money sent through Easy Paisa?
If any of your friend or a family member has sent you money through Easy Paisa, then follow these steps to collect your money. You must have the following things before visiting any Easy Paisa outlet:
- You must have your original and valid CNIC along with one photocopy.
- Secondly, you should have the transaction ID that the sender has told you.
- The Pass Code, the sender has told you.
If you have the above three things so easily visit any of the Easy Paisa outlets and do the following
- Provide the retailer with your original and photocopied CNIC.
- Tell him the transaction ID.
- When a retailer asks you to enter the passcode in his mobile phone, enter the passcode that the sender has told you.
- The retailer will give you the money.
- You should only use valid CNICs. Expired CNICs will not be accepted for sending and receiving money.
- Anyone can send and receive money through Easy Paisa even non-Telenor customers
- If you do not provide the retailer with the service charges, the charges will be deducted from the amount you are transferring.
- You can send and receive a maximum of Rs 50,000 on one CNIC at a time.
- To report any fraudulent activity or about any unauthorized Easy Paisa outlet, contact 111 -345- 100.
- In case of any query or if you have forgotten your passcode call 3737 from Telenor and 111003737 from any other network or landline
- If you have been sent more than 2500, so you can get the money at your doorstep free of cost. To avail this service you will have to call the helpline 3737 from Telenor and 111-345-100 from non-Telenor numbers.