The celebrity couple across borders hitched this weekend and people cannot take enough of it. Priyanka Chopra, who is a Bollywood superstar and has shown Excellency of acting in more than 50 Indian films. The 36-year-old actress found her true love across the border.
On December 1st, she got married to Nick Jonas who is an American singer, actor and a song writer. The two got married in a traditional manner in India. Their wedding was held according to both Hindu and Christian traditions.
Here are certain surprising details about the wedding of the year also known as PicNic wedding
- The two share an age gap of 10 years. While Nick is 26 years old, Chopra turned 36 this July.
- The two got married in a lavish manner and their wedding expenses toppled 4 Crore Indian Rupees! This means that they have spent 40 million rupees on their wedding only!
- They held their wedding ceremonies at the Umaid Bhawan Palace, which is a 5-star hotel stretched over 26 acres of garden.
- They held different ceremonies which included both Hindu and Christian rituals. Priyanka and Nick had their Sangeet, mehndi, pre-wedding celebrations, wedding based on Hindu culture and Christian cultured wedding.
- Priyanka and Nick’s wedding rings are designed by the Chopard. Priyanka’s wedding exhibits 3.90 carats of Diamonds and she also opted for Chopard’ designed earrings. Nick opted for a Big Date Lunar watch and a gold ring from the same designer.
- Their total net worth crosses 371 crores!
- The catering cost of the wedding was 44 lakhs.
- The cost of per day stay at the hotel was 43, 000.
- Fireworks were worth 300,000.
- Their Christian wedding dresses were designed by Ralph Lauren. While we couldn’t find exact cost of Priyanka’s dress, Nick’s tuxedo was worth $5,995.
- Their Indian wedding dresses were designed by the renowned Indian designer Sabyasachi.