Cars can be compared in many ways. You can take them for a run around a track or head on to the airstrip. But when it comes to the fastest, we are going to keep things simple and compare them based on their top speed.
1. Hennessey Venom F5With its top speed of 301 mph, the Hennessey beats the Koenigsegg by a big margin. The top speed is yet to be verified with the Guinness Book of World Records, but Hennessey is confirmed to be the fastest car already. The Hennessey has a 7.4 liter twin turbo V8 engine producing 1600 HP. Not only is the engine tremendously powerful, the body is brilliantly designed aswell. The light weight car has a 2950 pound carbon fiber chassis engineered to give the most astounding results. The car can accelerate from 0 to 249 mph in less than 30 seconds!
2. Koenigsegg Agera RSOfficially the fastest car with its 278 mph top speed. The top speed of the Agera was tested by closing a 11-mile stretch Route. The car was then taken on a run on public roads. The Agera with its 1160 HP engine was able to do 284.55 mph in its first run and 271.9 mph in its second run. The speed was then averaged out to be 277.9 mph!
3. Hennessey Venom GTAnother Hennessey on the list! The Venom GT boasts its top speed of 270.4 mph and lands at number 3 on our list. Hennessey recorded its top speed at the Kennedy Space Center in 2014. The problem with the recording of the speed was that it was done only in one direction whereas the requirement is to have a run in each direction and then average out the top speed to account for wind conditions.
4. Bugatti Veyron Super SportWith a top speed of 268 mph, the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport is recognized as the fastest street-legal car by the Guinness World Records. The Super Sport is a modified version of Bugatti Veyron, producing 1200 HP compared to Veyron’s 1000 HP. Numerous Aerodynamic changes were also made in this version in order to pump more speed.
5. Bugatti ChironA decade after the launch of Bugatti Veyron, the Bugatti Chiron has been launched and it is even a bigger beast than its predecessor. The W16 8 liter quad turbo engine produces 1500 HP which takes it from 0-60 mph in 2.4 seconds. The Bugatti Chiron has a top speed of 261 mph. It has been electronically limited to this speed since the engineers believe that no tires have yet been made which can handle the stress of the speed that the Chiron is able to produce.
Read about: The 9 Most Expensive Cars in the World – 2019