The World Cup 2015 was held in Australia / New Zealand from 14th Feb to 29th March, 2015. A total of 14 teams were part of the World Cup 2015.
- New Zealand
- India (Defending Champions)
- South Africa
- West Indies
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Points allocationWin: 2 points Tie: 1 point NR (No Result): 1 point The top 4 teams from each pool make it to the quarter finals. But, what happens when 2 or more teams have the same points?
- If there are teams that have the same number of points, then the team having higher number of wins will be placed up the table.
- In case they have the same wins, the team having higher NRR (Net Run Rate) will be placed higher on the table.
- In rare cases, teams are evaluated on head to head matches with each other, the one having greater number of wins is placed higher on the table.
Quarter FinalsThere are 4 quarter finals. Each one played by one pool team with the other pool team. To give advantage to the teams ending up on top of the pool table, they will play with the team at the bottom of the other pool table. The fixtures were these:
Quarter Final 1Pool A Team 1 vs Pool B Team 4
Quarter Final 2
Pool A Team 2 vs Pool B Team 3
Quarter Final 3
Pool A Team 3 vs Pool B Team 2